Rheinmetall Defence and Rohde & Schwarz of Germany have entered a far-reaching partnership with an eye to playing a leading role in the future digitization of Germany’s land forces.

Both have agreed to establish a joint venture to compete for two major German procurement projects, the MoTaKo, which stands for “mobile tactical communications”, and “MoTIV”, short for “mobile tactical information network”.

Rheinmetall Defence will have a 74.9% stake in the joint venture, with Rohde & Schwarz holding the remaining 25.1%. The joint venture plans to draw on the expertise of additional partners during individual project phases.

Representatives of the two companies have now signed a contractual agreement to this effect

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: